Pages

Sunday 13 January 2013

Reading Lists

My sister's 'to read' pile includes Thomas Hardy and Dostoevsky. She claims she didn't just assemble it for our benefit... This is the lovely pile I hope to work my way through during the coming weeks and months, some re-reading - hello 'Emma', some I'm just very far behind, and some is brand, spanking new.                                                                            And this is the book I've just finished. It was on my list for too long, and it ended too soon. I'm looking forward to Clare Wigfall's next collection in the Autumn.                                         What's anyone else reading or planning on reading?


2 comments:

  1. Have just finished ‘Canada’ by Richard Ford, fantastic book, but flouts completely the ‘show don’t tell’ rule. Am reading ‘Lacuna’ by Barbara Kingsolver at the moment – it hasn’t drawn me in so far, not going to be on the same level as The Poisonwood Bible at all. I’m also reading 'Too much happiness' by Alice Munro and ‘You’re a bad man, Mr Gum’ with my eight-year-old. Next on my list are ’11.22.63’ by Stephen King, another big book but looking forward to it. King is always a pleasure. The Grapes of Wrath is on my classics list, but I’ve managed to avoid reading it thus far… The book I'm planning on buying is JK Rowling’s A Casual Vacancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Canada. Been hearing lots about it. Might have to borrow it. You can borrow Casual Vacancy too, if you don't feel like buying. Mam has it.

      Delete